Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hopefully the craziest kinder day of the year....

Everything has been going really well lately.  I'm settling into school and waking up early better than I thought I would.  To the point where I suck at sleeping in even on weekends anymore...who saw that coming NOT ME!  I have been really prepared with every lesson lately and I just totally felt like I was getting in the groove of school and figuring out my class and getting all the issues under control.  I wish this was the case....  I got a new student like a week and a half ago now.  His mom had told me how she was really worried he was going to freak out blah blah before he started.  He was fine, no problems, one of the better behaved boys in my class, he was great.  Well....I still am not exactly sure what happened but yesterday he freaked out (understatement).  His mom came and waved to him in class or something and all of a sudden he was out my door and sprinting down the stairs.  His mom carries him back up to the room and tells him to stay, we're talking to him and trying to convince him to calm down for way too freaking long, then he just flips.  He is crying and screaming and clutching his mom.  I am trying to hold him back, but he is freaking out.  The secretary hears all of the commotion from downstairs and comes up to see if I'm ok.   She goes and gets the PPY coordinator who is then trying with the mom and I to talk to him.  Completely useless...arguing with a 5 year old is the most pointless thing ever!  Finally, she says Megan's just going to take him and your just going to run out of the room.  The mom says I know he will hit and punch her.  I'm like great......  Keep in mind the other 12 children in my class are still in the room now probably wrestling on the carpet.  So, the PYP coordinator (thankfully) decides I don't need to be beat up and she will take him.  She grabs him, I pry his fingers off of his mom's hair, and his mom runs for the door.  The PYP coordinator is holding him and he is screaming at the top of his lungs, crying, punching, kicking, and hitting her.  Finally, as all the children in my class are plugging there ears and saying "Too loud" "Too loud" she takes him out of my room and with the P.E. teachers help carries him to the gym because testing is going on in the upper grades and when he won't stop leaves him in there and shuts the door LOL.  Well apparently he stopped screaming after like 20 minutes and came back to class pretty much ok.  I'm thinking okay it's over for today, it's just a morning thing.  WRONG!  Later he refuses to go to Art, so I make him sit and do nothing while I work and everyone else is at Art.  I know you're all thinking I'm the meanest person ever, but if I let him do something fun he will never go to any special.  Then, I make him come with me to get the kids.  I'm checking on the boys who are having fun flooding the bathroom while washing their hands after Art.  I get to the room and the kid is gone!  I search the room and then his sister brings him down.  He had run to her classroom to see her.  He freaks out when I try to take him from her and I get to hold him as he cries and screams yet again and refuses to go to P.E.  In the end after 15 minutes of dealing with him he goes to P.E. AND craziest part today (the next day)  he is fine, completely normal like nothing happened.  I expected him to freak out for like the next 2 weeks every time his mom left him....nope (well not today).  Seriously please keep your fingers crossed that it was a one time thing.  I don't know how many more of those days I can take.  Today was a good day though and I got a box from my parents so it was extra good!  I'm still doing ok, just way over crying!

No comments:

Post a Comment